Chocodile's Nonsensical Adventures (Johnsonverse)
Chocodile's Nonsensical Adventures is an American animated series based on the Ludicrous Limericks franchise. It has aired since September 17, 2016, and focuses on the exploits of Chocodile and his friends.
First announced in 2014, the series uses an artstyle inspired by cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s. It has received critical acclaim throughout its run for its animation, voice acting, and writing.
In new stories inspired by cartoons from the 1940s, Chocodile and other Ludicrous Limericks characters go on adventures.
- Dana Snyder as Chocodile
- June Foray (Season 1 and early Season 2) and Candi Milo (late Season 2-present) as Cherridile, Muffy Dyer, and Countess Carly
- Jeff Bergman as Larry J. Crock, Dr. Ricardo, and Don Sonny
- Joe Alaskey as Dr. Numchuck and Rudy Rat
- Greg Burson as Solomon
- Kath Soucie as June Stanford
- Tress MacNeille as Bud Charles
- Gregg Berger as Bobby Bear
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Stanley Price
- Tom Kenny as Darrell Dog
- B. J. Ward as Dorothy Dog
- Larry Storch and Eric Bauza (alternating) as Creighton Cat
- Erik Estrada as Officer Thomas Mondo
- John Kassir as Dynamite Dennis
- Maurice LaMarche as Rambling Ron
- Billy West as Barnaby Price
- J. P. Karliak as Private Emerson
- Kari Wahlgren as Deputy Private Winslow
- Candi Milo as Sammy Squirrel
- Rodger Bumpass as Kerry
- Jessica DiCicco as Katy
- Larry Miller as K-09
- John Stephenson and Charlie Adler (alternating) as Old Man Clancy
- Charlie Adler as Sheldon Garfield
All of the voice actors reprise their roles in the series. Guest voice actors include
The animation is done by Johnson Television Animation in tandem with Tokyo-based TMS Entertainment; it is made to resemble cel animation, with small drop shadows behind the characters. The designs are inspired by those of Bob Clampett and Tex Avery, and were drawn by Belle Armstrong.
The series has been critically acclaimed. On Rotten Tomatoes,