Lea & Fran (Johnsonverse)
Lea & Fran is an American animated adult sitcom series created by Tammy Jo Johnson. It has aired on WBC since September 14, 2008, and stars the voices of Ilana Glazer and Charlize Theron as the title characters, Lea Walters and Fran King, both of whom are roommates living in the town of Tengoku, Kantō. The series takes place in the same universe as Detective Jenny, with the two shows crossing over each season.
The show has received praise from critics and audience due to its artstyle, animation, voice acting, characters, and premise. The show has been renewed for seasons 13, 14, and 15.
The show revolves around a pair of roommates in a suburb in Tengoku. They hang out with their friends at the
The opening sequence is inspired by the intro for sitcoms such as That '70s Show, showing Lea and Fran driving on the road with other characters in other cars. The theme song, titled "On the Road", is written by Johnson and was originally performed by Michael Jackson in the first season; starting in the second season, which was the first to be produced after Jackson's 2009 death, the song was re-recorded with Steve Harwell of Smash Mouth, though the full Jackson version has been released on the soundtrack in 2018 alongside the full Harwell version.
- Lea Walters (Ilana Glazer) is one of the two protagonists of the series. She is
- Fran King (Charlize Theron) is the other of the two protagonists.
- Mary Ricci (Debi Mazar) is
- Skye Carroll (Nia Long) is
- Beatrice Kennedy (Jennifer Saunders) is a singer.
- Andrew Oates (Patton Oswalt) is Lea's husband. He is a neurotic but
- Maude Molina (Moira Kelly) is
- Orson K. Bumer (Steve Martin) is an elderly man who
The animation is provided in-house by Johnson Cartoon Studios.
|Season||First aired||Last aired||Episodes|
|1||September 14, 2008||March 22, 2009||14|
|2||September 27, 2009||March 28, 2010||14|
|3||September 19, 2010|
The series has received critical acclaim.