Revenge of the Sontarans (Johnsonverse)
Revenge of the Sontarans is a 2002 American-British science fiction film released by Johnson Studios in conjunction with Toho and the BBC, based on the Mother video game franchise created by Shigesato Itoi and published by Nintendo, and the Doctor Who franchise by the BBC. It was produced and directed by Timothy Hill, who also wrote the screenplay alongside Sheldon Johnson, Jr. and Tammy Jo Johnson from a story treatment by Itoi, and stars John Helbert, Vanessa Parsons, Billy Michaels, Leonard Nimoy, and William Shatner.
Taking place between the fifth and sixth seasons of the television series, it depicts the Sontarans returning to Earth to avenge their loss in 1988, and with Ninten, Ana, and Lloyd nowhere to be found and feared dead, it rests on Ness, Paula, and Jeff to pick up where their predecessors left off.
Production began in 2000. Released on May 19, 2002, the film made over $1 billion in the box office, and is one of Hill's biggest box-office successes. It was praised for its characters, story, and visual effects.
A few months after Ness, Paula, and Jeff's victory in the previous film, they find out about their predecessors Ninten, Ana, and Lloyd. They're told by a group of FBI agents about
- John Helbert as Ness Jones
- Vanessa Parsons as Paula Polestar
- Billy Michaels as Jeff Andonuts
- Leonard Nimoy as Bill Stagman
- William Shatner as Gen. William Landon
- Michael Douglas as Paul Polestar
- Julie Kavner as Phoebe Polestar
- Mike Vogel as Ninten
- Kate Hudson as Ana
- Rob McElhenney as Teddy
- Lisa Kudrow as Vanessa Jones
- Elise Helbert as Tracy Jones
- Judy Garland as Daisy Jones
- Jaclyn Linetsky as Jane Justin
In addition, Hill makes a cameo appearance as a bystander.
- Dan Castellaneta as Mr. Saturn
- Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks