Tales from the Rails (Johnsonverse)
Tales from the Rails is an American drama that aired on WBC from October 14, 1968 to June 10, 2005. After a six-year hiatus, the show was revived on September 5, 2011, and has continued to the present day. Its stars in the original run were Dick Van Dyke and Thurl Ravenscroft, portraying engineer Francis McCue and fireman Edgar J. Cullen, respectively. The show was critically acclaimed, winning several awards.
Its current stars are Van Dyke as Francis McCue, June Lockhart as Audrey McCue, Shailene Woodley as Tanya Cullen, and Rich Sommer as Jimmy McCue, alongside recurring actors such as Clifton Collins, Jr.,
Based on the Continental Rail engine #1472, the series follows the exploits of
- Dick Van Dyke as Francis McCue (1968-present) - The protagonist of the series. Francis is an engineer who
- June Lockhart as Audrey McCue (1968-present) - Francis' wife. She is the
- Shailene Woodley as Tanya Cullen (1999-present) - Edgar's daughter.
- Rich Sommer as Jimmy McCue (1986-present) - Francis and Audrey's son. He is
- Clifton Collins, Jr. as Oscar Wilkinson (1990-present) -
- Thurl Ravenscroft as Edgar J. Cullen (1968-2005) - The deuteragonist from 1968 until his death, Edgar was a fireman for the railway. He was
- Spike Milligan